How to Sort Tables in Access 2010
Access tables let you input information in your database. Tables and forms are used for data entry. Once the data is in the table, this information can be sorted, filtered, queried, and placed in reports. Sort the table information by clicking the column headers on the table in datasheet view. The information can be sorted in ascending or descending order. The table can be sorted by one or multiple fields.
- Open Access 2010 and select a database.
- Click a database from the “Open Recent Documents” list. The database opens.
- Double click a table from the Navigation Pane. The table opens in datasheet view.
- Review the table’s column headers.
- Notice the drop down lists.
- Click the table drop down list and select “Sort A to Z.” The table is sorted in ascending order.